Minneapolis, MN divorce attorney Jonathan J. Fogel has extensive experience handling divorces involving complex marital estates, spousal maintenance, custody, and post decree matters. After a decade of practice, he founded his own law firm so that he could provide a "team" approach to Minnesota family law for his clients by offering a network of professionals that can assist with issues ranging from finances to counseling. Jonathan writes articles and provides lectures on a variety of topics including divorce, custody, child support, spousal maintenance, paternity and other issues related to family law. He has appeared on local television as a family law expert, and has been on several local and national radio talk shows.
Jonathan strongly believes the job of a family law attorney is to provide expert legal advice as well as the necessary tools to transition into the next stage of life.
As the host of myTalk 107.1's Family Affairs radio show, Jonathan educated the public on family law and answered questions live on the air. Jonathan also wrote and published the book Preparing for Divorce While Happily Married; Tips from a Divorce Lawyer which offers insight into the process of divorce
Jonathan is also a Qualified Rule 114 Neutral.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Property Division
- Domestic Abuse (OFP)
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, B.A.
- Book - Preparing for Divorce While Happily Married: Tips from a Divorce Lawyer, 2006
- Article - "Protecting Your Children During a Divorce," Minnesota Parent Magazine
- Radio Show Host of Family Affairs on FM107 in Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Frequent television and radio guest discussing Divorce and Custody
- "Cohabitation Agreements," Rainbow Families, 2003
- "Custody in the Context of Paternity," Family Law Institute, 1999
- "How Divorce Changes Insurance Needs," Prosource Seminar, 1999 - 2004
- "Spousal Maintenance: An In-Depth Analysis," MILE Seminar, 1999
- "Minnesota's New Child Support Statute - Calculation Workshop", 2006 Minnesota Family Law Institute
- How to Calculate Child Support Under New Statute, 2006 NBI Seminar.
Honors and Awards
- Listed in "Super Lawyers", Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota Business Monthly, Minnesota Law and Politics Magazines, 2004, 2006 and 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hennepin County Bar Association (Past Chair, Family Law Section)
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- President, William Mitchell Brandeis Society, 1993-1995
- Board of Trustees, Temple Israel Synagogue, 1999-2001
- Hennepin County Paternity Public Defender, 1999-2001
- Hennepin County Parental Cooperation Task Force, 2000
- Jewish Family and Children's Service Domestic Violence Taskforce, 2002
- Cardozo Society, Executive Committee, 2006 - Present
- Member PACER Center's Advisory Board