Parental Access Time FAQs


If someone signs a Recognition of Parentage (ROP) at birth do they have parenting time rights to the child?

No. The ROP establishes the legal father but any parenting time must be established through a court order. The parties may either agree upon an arrangement and submit a Stipulation and Order to the Court or they may file a Motion in the court system.

If you have questions about filing for divorce in Minnesota, please contact our Minneapolis divorce lawyers today at (763) 746-4045 or fill out our online contact request form.